Carolina Caring volunteers enrich patients’ lives and the life of the organization in untold ways. Their dedication makes patients feel valued, relieves family stress, and allows staff to do more and serve better.
These people put their passions into practice, offering time, treasure, and talents to soothe the lives of other people during difficult times — and for no other reward than the knowledge that good is being done.
We are fortunate to have a diverse and compassionate group of men, women, and teens to help us carry out our mission. Their countless hours of service and their unflagging desire to give back are humbling, and we are ever-grateful that they choose us as the recipient of their gifts.
It's our firm belief that our organization is an exceptional one,
that our cause is strengthened through love,
and that our volunteers have helped make it so.
We invite you to join our efforts.
Opportunities for Volunteers
While we honor the talents and skills of each volunteer, we typically request help in the following areas:
- Patient & Family Support — providing companionship for patients, offering respite for caregivers, warming a meal, assisting with small tasks
- Community & Clerical — greeting visitors at reception desks, providing clerical support, helping with mailings or special projects, assisting with community events
- Cooking & Crafting — baking goodies for holidays and events, assembling fidget aprons, creating Samantha dolls, knitting, crocheting, sewing, and quilting needed items
- Hospice Thrift Store — providing exceptional customer service, sorting, cleaning, and displaying merchandise, picking up donations, helping customers with purchases learn more
- Pet Partner Teams — visiting patients accompanied by specially trained pet companions
- Veterans Honoring Veterans — presenting pins and certificates to recognize veterans
- VolunTeen Program — helping with community events, administrative work, or patient support (with training and supervision)
The Value of Volunteering
why should i volunteer?
- Volunteers are the heart of Carolina Caring.
- We will work with your schedule.
- Patient support is our biggest need in every community and every county we serve.
- We provide you with specialized training.
- We value your unique skills and experiences.
- Our service area includes 12-counties. See Map.
- No matter where you live, we welcome your help.
- Every small gesture you make is appreciated.
- You will be enriched by everything you do and everyone you meet.
Carolina Caring volunteers become well equipped through special training to help them prepare for and understand the hospice philosophy and the needs of patients and family members.
To learn more or to sign up for our next volunteer training session, call 828.466.0466 or contact the Volunteer Services department at volunteer@CarolinaCaring.org