Employee Referral Program
Employee Referrals Policy
Carolina Caring is always looking for good people, and our employees can help meet our needs for new employees. Research has shown that new hires who come into a company through employee referrals are excellent contributors, stay with the company longer and are a more cost-effective recruit.
Employees are encouraged to refer anyone that they think would be a good addition to our organization as long as the person meets the qualifications for an existing open position. If the person referred is hired, the referring employee may be awarded $500 (less taxes). Refer candidates who meet the qualifications to Human Resources using the attached “Candidate Referral Form”. If your candidate is hired, you will receive $250 the payroll following the candidate’s first 30 days of hire and an additional $250 the payroll after they complete their introductory probationary period.
For just making a referral – even if your referral is not hired – you will be entered into a quarterly drawing for a $25 door prize.
- Anyone with hiring/management or human resources responsibility is not eligible for the bonus or quarterly drawing.
- The referral date cannot be earlier than the date the job is posted as an open position. The hiring of a referred employee must occur within 180 days of the referral date.
- The referral must be a candidate’s first contact. The referral cannot be a re-hire/previous employee.
- To be eligible for the award, the referral must first be submitted to Human Resources and must include a referral form and a resume or employment application.
- The first employee to refer a candidate will be the only referring employee eligible to receive the reward.
- Only candidates that meet the essential qualification for the position will be considered.
- All candidates will be evaluated for employment consistent with Carolina Caring's hiring policies and procedures.
- All information regarding the hiring decision will be kept confidential.
- The referring employee must still be an active, current employee during the hired candidate’s first 30 days of employment in order to receive the payment.
- Any disputes or interpretations will be handled through Human Resources
- All bonuses will be paid the payroll following 30 days the applicant’s hire date and the payroll after the applicant has completed the introductory probationary period.
- All bonuses will be paid the payroll following the above dates (see number 11) and will be subject to taxes.
*Please see policy 105 (Hiring Relatives, Fraternization, Workplace Relationships) for any questions to confirm an employee meets hiring requirements.
**This policy is subject to change at the discretion of the management team and/or Board of Directors.